Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Changes

So tonight I am on rounds, bored out of my mind, and overall bored with life right now. I think I have come to the conclusion that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with life, but what I do know for sure is that I want to see the world and experience the different cultures. I think I have also come to the conclusion tonight that I want to take a year off and do whatever makes it onto the "Bucketlist". Maybe I'll take a few months, get a job, and raise some funds for my trip. Even though I really want this trip for myself, I also want to do some sort of service along the way. Maybe I could make my way to Africa and help the kids I have such a strong affinity towards, but never had the chance to meet. This could be my chance.
Also, my friend Tricia gave me the idea tonight of keeping a journal of the places that I see and the experiences I encounter. Then I started to think, how many individuals are in the same exact position as me: they have no idea what to do with their life or they never got the chance to see the world. That started to spark the idea of possibly turning the journal into a book; allow the reader to experience the world through me. Hmmmm. Maybe a picture every day of the trip with the story of what we did that day, recreating the trip exactly.
Maybe I could start talking to newspapers or websites to see if they would carry my blog and publicize it?

Let's Make It Happen.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment